PhobosImposter Ransomware is a newly detected file encrypting malware. It is a dangerous computer infection created by hackers. This perilous threat is a lethal intruder and it can easily alter your Windows PC without permission. This perilous threat is designed to encrypt users files and demand ransom money. It is notorious ransomware infection that uses highly advanced encryption algorithm to lock down your files. PhobosImposter Ransomware will scan your entire hard drive and encode all your personal and important files. Then after it will add its own extension to the end of your files to make them useless. When you will try to open your encrypted files, it will show error message and ask you to buy decryption key to get your files back. PhobosImposter Ransomware will demand huge ransom money to give to decryption key. It also threaten users to delete their files if they don’t pay ransom money.
PhobosImposter Ransomware is a dangerous computer virus that needs no permission to infiltrate your PC. It created and distributed by evil minded hackers who use several cunning tricks to deploy this threat into your machine. It mostly attack your PC through spam emails, bundled freeware, suspicious links, porn or torrent websites and peer to peer file sharing. Once installed, PhobosImposter Ransomware can modify your registry settings to ensure its auto startup. This noxious malware infection will give you some time to pay money through Bitcoin. It is not easy to find out person behind a Bitcoin address, so there is no chance that you will catch the hackers. This perilous threat is not intended to release your files, so it is not a wise decision to pay money to hackers. Many of the users are already got tricked by this malware and didn’t got their files back. It is advised to remove PhobosImposter Ransomware virus completely from your PC and recover your data using any file recovery software.
How To Remove PhobosImposter Ransomware From PC
PhobosImposter Ransomware will keep generating other malicious malware into your computer system deeply, and it’s quite difficult for computer user’s to find out and remove all malicious items. Until, there will be possibility that users remove core system files by mistake and then the entire computer will be harmed seriously. PhobosImposter Ransomware is a very malicious and harmful computer infection. It is smartly created by hackers to hide deep inside your machine. Once installed on your system, it can generate several problems. This nasty threat could also generate its several copies and hide into different locations on your system. It is also possible that the names of those files might be different from PhobosImposter Ransomware infection. In this process, manual detection can take lots of time and there is also a high probability that will delete wrong files which can damage your system.Therefore, FOR THE SAFETY OF YOUR SYSTEM, we highly recommend you to choose SpyHunter’s automatic malware scanner to see if it can detect this infection on your computer.
- Click download button below to safely Download SpyHunter.
- Double click the installer file to install Malware Scanner on your system.
- Click on Start Scan Now button to scan your computer for threats.
- Now press View Scan Results! button to see all the detected infections.
- After the scan results, Click on Next button to register software and remove viruses completely.
- First of all download the Data Recovery Pro software on your computer.
- After installing the programs, click on Start Scan button to run a full scan of your computer.
- When software detects all files then click on Recover button to get back your data.
How To Remove PhobosImposter Ransomware Manually
Attention, Please! Before starting the manual PhobosImposter Ransomware removal process first check you fulfill these requirements:
- You have vast knowledge about computer programs, settings and functions.
- You must have experience about removing virus and malware manually.
- You must be familiar with Registry editors files and know consequence of your mistake.
- You are able to reverse the wrong operations during PhobosImposter Ransomware manual removal.
If you do not fulfill the above conditions, then Manual Virus Removal could be risky. In this case we suggest you to use SpyHunter’s Malware Scanner to see if it can detect this threat quickly on your system.
Step 1 – Start PC In Safe Mode
- Click Windows keys and R together to open Run Box.
- Type msconfig and click OK button.
- Now System Configuration box will get opened on your system.
- Go to the Boot tab, choose Safe Mode and Click OK.
Step 2 – Stop All PhobosImposter Ransomware Related Process From Task Manager
- Click “Windows keys and R” together to open Run Box.
- Type taskmgr and Click OK button to open task manager.
- Select unknown process on Task manager and click on “Go to Details”.
- Select “process” and click on End Process button.
Step 3 – Remove PhobosImposter Ransomware From Control Panel
- Click on Start button. Now Go to the Control Panel option.
- In Control Panel Windows you can see Add or Remove Programs option.
- Choose PhobosImposter Ransomware related program and then click Remove tab.
- Wait for the process to be end and then restart your system.
- Click on Start button and select Control Panel option.
- Choose Uninstall A Program option under Programs section.
- Select and uninstall any malicious program related to PhobosImposter Ransomware from your system.
- Click Windows keys and R together to open Run Box.
- Type appwiz.cpl and click OK button to open Control Panel.
- Find and Uninstall any malicious program related to PhobosImposter Ransomware infection.
- Click on Start menu and select Setting option.
- Now Click on Apps menu from the screen.
- Find any PhobosImposter Ransomware related malicious or unwanted program and click Uninstall button.
Step 4 – Remove PhobosImposter Ransomware Related Files From Paths Listed Below:
Step 6 – Remove PhobosImposter Ransomware Related Files From Registry Editors
- Press “Windows key + R key” together to open Run window.
- Input “regedit” and hit Enter key/click on OK Button to open Registry Editor.
- Hold “Ctrl + F” keys together to open Find box.
- Search PhobosImposter Ransomware related files and delete it from your system.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\msseces.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings “WarnOnHTTPSToHTTPRedirect” = ’0′
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\SystemRestore “DisableSR ” = ’1′
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\ekrn.exe “Debugger” = ‘svchost.exe’
Step 6 – Remove PhobosImposter Ransomware From Infected Browser
- Open your Chrome Browser and click Hamburger icon from the top right corner.
- Now go to Tools menu and select the Extension option.
- Here you can see the list of all installed extensions.
- Find and select PhobosImposter Ransomware related extension and click on Trash icon.
- Now restart your browser and enjoy web surfing.
Reset Google Chrome To Default
- Open Google Chrome browser and open “Settings” option.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and Select “Advanced Settings” option.
- Press the “Reset Settings” button finally to complete process.
- Open Internet Explorer and Click on Tools menu.
- Now select Manage Add-ons option from the drop down list.
- Select Toolbar and Extensions option from left panel.
- Choose and disable PhobosImposter Ransomware related extensions.
- Open IE browser and click on “Gear” icon then choose “Internet options”.
- Now go to the “Advanced” tab and press the “Reset” button.
- Choose “Delete personal settings” and press “Reset” button.
- Open Mozilla Firefox Browser and click Menu icon from the top right corner.
- Now Select the Add-Ons option.
- Click on the Extensions option from left panel.
- Find all PhobosImposter Ransomware related extensions and click on Remove button.
- Open Mozilla Firefox browser and Click on “Menu” option then Select (?) icon.
- Now go to the the “Troubleshooting Information” option.
- Then Click on the “Refresh Firefox” button and confirm.
- Open Microsoft Edge and click on “More” icon.
- Choose “Settings” option and select “Extensions”.
- Select and remove PhobosImposter Ransomware related unwanted extension from your browser.
- Open Edge browser and click on “more icon” then select “settings”.
- Now click on the “Choose what to clear” Option.
- Tick mark “first three options” and click on “Clear” button.
- Open Safari browser > Click on Safari menu > select preferences.
- Click on “Extensions” tab to list all the installed extensions.
- Find and remove PhobosImposter Ransomware related malicious program completely.
- Open “safari” browser and Click on “Safari” menu then select “Reset Safari” option.
- Now select all your preferred options to clear and then finally click on Reset button.
As it is said that prevention is always better than cure. You can protect your system by paying a little bit of extra attention. You can follow some prevention tips to avoid harmful and malicious threats like PhobosImposter Ransomware.
- Backup – Always keep backup of your important data. It is not sure when your system get infected by any harmful threat that will completely destroy your system and corrupt your data.
- Use Firewall – It is the most important and primary security for your computer. Be sure that your firewall is activated so that it can easily block any malicious process like virus that try to intrude your computer.
- Anti-virus Program – You must use powerful anti-virus or anti-malware protection with real time protection. Use any program that can block any malicious threat or virus and protect your system from threats in real time.
- Scan USB drive – Always scan the use drive before copying the data. Most of the times, your system get infected by viruses when you insert any infected external storage device to your computer.
- No Spam Emails – Try to avoid opening spam emails. Never open any spam email sent by unknown sender specially when it contains any attachment. Cyber crooks mainly uses spam email techniques to distribute threats like this Trojan Virus directly to the user’s computer.
- Freeware Download – Bundled freeware programs are also one of the major way to spread malicious threats. You must not download from untrusted or insecure websites. Also choose custom installation method to avoid any harmful attachment.
- Avoid Fake Update – Do not download update for your system programs from any unsafe website. Any unknown and random pop-up that ask you to download update for your system program can execute malicious codes like PhobosImposter Ransomware on your system. Always prefer official website for downloading update for any program.
- Do Not Click Spam Links – When you get any unknown pop-up while browsing the Internet then do not click on it. Avoid visiting to malicious or pornographic websites as they can also inject nasty threats on your computer.